Wait for Ready

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 8, 2010 at 7:21 PM

So I stumbled upon this code library the other day and am investigating it to see if we can move off our current COM+ 3270 emulation code. A few things have got me stuck, so I'm wondering if someone can help. With a rumba desktop client we have, it will from time to time sit in a status Wait For Ready, or Wait For Host Ready. I've been trying to use a combination of the keyboard lock and .Refresh to anticipate when this will happen but I havn't had the best of luck. A few times a keyboard lock error kicks back even after I check the keyboard lock property. Is there a call or a way I should be checking this that works the best?

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I have only had problems with Wait For Ready due to the mainframe itself, and in most every case, for me, it kept retrying until the lock was released by the mainframe. I know that isn't overly helpful, but is this something you can investigate with your mainframe folks? Ask why you are getting so many locks? In my production environment, this almost never happens, but in our test area the mainframe does this a bunch, but so far the code simply retries until the lock releases.

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:44 PM

It would be nice to talk to the mainframe guys, but its all third party. The locks are just because of the number of records and processing required. I'll try the loop method and see how it goes. Thanks for the quick response!