TermType and HostLU

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 18, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I am trying to connect to a TN3270 server of type 3279 and Model 2. What should I be setting the TermType property to? I've tried "IBM-3279" and "IBM-3279-2" but I'm getting timeouts on both.

Also, would HostLU make a difference in trying to connect? If so, how do I get the HostLU?

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:53 PM

If you need to connect to a specific LU, by all means you have to provide it.  At my company, we have partions setup for Development, Model, and Productions environments, as well as one designated for Test.  So in my code, I have it change the LU based upon if the code is being developed, or in our production environment.  If you do not know the LU and your mainframe uses them, I am not sure it will be able to connect since it doesn't know to which LU you are trying connect to.  You would need to ask one of the folks who run/maintain the mainframe for the session connection information.

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Thanks again jcoffee... I'm pretty sure the server I am connecting to doesn't require any special HostLU. However, I am sure it's of type 3279, model 2. Should the TermType be set to "IBM-3279-2" or something else?

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Sorry for not following-up sooner, I keep forgetting about checking this site.  Can youprovide me you connection profile?  What is the IP, port, LU, etc?