Screen size incompatiblity

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I'm trying to access a mainframe using this emulator but running into an issue.
I can connect to the system view their login screen and enter my user name and password alright. However, once I get to the next "screen" I see an unable to display panel ... due to screen size incompatibility screen.

I talked with the system's owners and they say it should be compatible with standard screen sizes for model 2(24 X 80) and model 5(27 x 132). I tried adjusting the values where I needed to, but still seem result.

What I tried to do was change the _CX and _CY to (24,80) and (27,132) in the TnXMLScreen class. And then I changed the ConnectionConfig.termType to IBM-3278-5-E for the 27 x 132 test and left the default IBM-3278-2-E for the 24 x 80 test. Neither of those tests worked.

In changing the screen size, what all files do I need to modify? Or is there anything else you could think of that would cause the screen size incompatibility?
Oct 31, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Edited Oct 31, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Unfortunately I also noticed that library cannot handle screen size dynamically. I got a mainframe that after IMS login with specific LU redirects to different IBM model and XML screen fails. In my case trying to connect to IBM-3278-4-E worked, but as your admins say u got IBM-3278-5-E...
Developer
Dec 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Afraid I can't help much, either. I only have access to one configuration. If you guys know anyone with a mainframe lying around collecting dust, let me know! I really wish we had a public machine we could connect to where we could set up and test these scenarios.
Dec 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Actaully there are mainframes with public access. For example you can check this one http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser . I was learning there ;)