Telnet session with TLS authentication?

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I have been using the Open3270 source to Telnet into a host systme. THat host system has changed its encryption to TLS.

Does anyone have a fix for the TLS authentication?
Oct 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM
This is not possible using this version of library as I know. Probably you are using server certificate for connection. This requires additional code. This is not supported ATM, but correct me if I am wrong. Are you using this library as console application or you are trying to develop your own visual terminal?
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Because this project is a port of x3270, it might be worth checking whether this has been implemented in x3270 yet. Try running wc3270 (from http://x3270.bgp.nu ). If it works, maybe we could port that part to Open3270 too.
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
We are using Open3270 as a terminal emulator to screen scrape data and push key strokes back to the host system. One of our hosts has changed to TLS security/encryption. We have keyed in on a method call ConnectCallback() in the Telnet.cs class file. There is an IF clause that tests for an SSL flag. So, it appears that Open3270 may work for SSL but does not work for TLS. Any thoughts?
Oct 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I am sorry, but I am not able to help you with this, because none of my company servers uses TLS as security encryption, for testing purposes. There is also a question if host requires client certificate or not.
EDIT
If you are using console application for screen scrape I think you will be able to implement TSL authentication in code.