Terminal Screen, where, how?

Topics: User Forum
Jan 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Hi!

I'm Brazilian. My English is no very good, so I'm sorry if I don't write correct.

I have read the discussions and, the answers are  excellent.

I usually create simple projects with VB and VB.Net, and now I need create an application that emulates a 3270 terminal.

I don't know How to embed a terminal (visor) inside a Form of VB.net or C#.

I understand set the conection, but how do I show the screens to operator use the emulator.

The "console" job as the terminal screen?

Already, appreciate the attention!

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Hi,

The purpose of this project is to create an application programming interface to the TN3270 server. It's not within the scope of the project to display the data on a visual component. That is up to you.

regards
Francois

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Ok! I understand!

I'd like to create a form with two tabs: one with an interface to the TN3270 server and other tab like "Extra! Attachmate", in case the operator to need to interact directly with terminal screen.

My intention is use the open3270 to make the connection and all comunication with server, but I don't have the less ideia how implement a terminal screen.

Could you give me a hint how to do this?

Thank you!

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Bruno, i have a sample (GUI) program that uses Open3270 TN3270 library for .NET.

If you, (or anyone) wants to download it and have a look, get it at: http://buosi.org/Extrinha3.rar

igitur, i have found and corrected a bug, how can i send you the changes?

regards,

cbuosi at gmail dot com