Source Code download lost in translation by codeplex

Topics: User Forum
Jan 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I just came across this line of code:

string tens = " ", singles= " ";

// the quoted strings must be 3 spaces each, it gets lost in translation by codeplex...

I changed the single space to 3 spaces for each.  Are there other instances where spaces in a string are 'compressed' by codeplex?  I am having trouble with the rendering of the next screen after our VTAM menu and I was wondering if something similar to the above needs to be corrected.

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:20 AM
On that I do not know, I personally have not had issues with the code

On Jan 16, 2013, at 6:17 PM, "dmetting" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I just came across this line of code:

string tens = " ", singles" ";

// the quoted strings must be 3 spaces each, it gets lost in translation by codeplex...

I changed the single space to 3 spaces for each. Are there other instances where spaces in a string are 'compressed' by codeplex? I am having trouble with the rendering of the next screen after our VTAM menu and I was wondering if something similar to the above needs to be corrected.

_____________________________________________________ This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at PrivacyAct@torchmarkcorp.com. ­­ --Apple-Mail-F3BFBBEB-7570-424E-9F99-502418B88EF1--
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I remember coming across this some time back, either in this project or another. I ended up using something like:

string tens = new string(' ', 3);