Local IP Endpoint for Open3270

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 28, 2008 at 4:51 PM
I'm currently adding the ability to supply a local IP in the TNEmulator, TN3270Api and Telnet classes for hosts that require a particular set of source IP's on a VPN for LU resolution. (hope I made sense and am correct in my terminolgy there:)

Has anyone done this already?

I'm assigning a local IPEndpoint to the socket when the localIP is given.
Mar 5, 2008 at 4:17 PM
I had to do something similar to enable the emulator to come up on a preexisting SSL socket. It wasn't pretty, and involved hacking the low-level telnet connection logic.

- Michael
Mar 5, 2008 at 5:29 PM
I completed the implementaion of the local IP endpoint by adding new overloads of the existing methods in the various layers. These overloads then set the source or local IP variables and call the existing methods that then check for usage of a local IP and create it before connecting.
It seems to be a pretty clean way to do it and did not require copying and pasting logic from the current methods to new ones.
Mar 6, 2008 at 1:59 AM
Yes, I added some socket/stream member variables to the various layers, and some corresponding additional parameters to the Connect method which get propagated down into the bowels of the connection logic. Didn't involve creation of any new methods.

- Michael